Mercury Events was founded by runners and we strive to put on events that other runners and walkers will love.
We started our Ambassador Program to both spread the word about our awesome events and to get constant feedback from people who participate in many events. This helps us continually examine and improve our events.
Our ambassadors are people, just like our staff, who have a passion for running/walking, events, and the communities and charities we work with.
If you are invited to join our Ambassador Team you will:
- Have the chance to receive exclusive discounts
- Be the first to know about new events and improvements to existing events
- Occasionally test and review new products
- Be a voice in our running community
Our Ambassador Team members receive free and discounted event entries as well as free products to review and test throughout the year.
You will be expected to:
- Promote our events to your friends and followers.
- Participate in and review our events.
- Go to running clubs, expos and other events to promote Mercury Events.
We are looking for people who can check as many of these boxes as possible:
- An outgoing personality- not afraid to talk to anyone and everyone
- Friendly runners of all ability levels and ages (No need to be “fast”)
- Active on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Strava, among others
- Participate in races multiple times a year and active in the running community
- Supportive of the running community
- In races you enter, they’re either: dead last, near the back of the pack, in the middle of the pack, near the leaders, or are one of the winners.
- Enthusiasm for run/walk events in general
- Active in your local community through volunteering at local and regional races and running club(s)
- Have an active running blog
- Post & share Mercury Events content to your audience at least 1x/month
- Actively participate in the Facebook & Instagram feeds for the race(s) you represent
- Attend calls to discuss ambassador program updates, get/share tips for success, etc.
- Visit at least one running club/crew a month on behalf of an upcoming event.
- Visit at least 3 events a year to staff a booth at the expo or hand out flyers after the event
- Free race entries
- Featured on Mercury Events Webpage and/or specific event webpages
- Periodically highlighted on Social Media platforms and in email blasts
- Possibly free or discounted items from our sponsors
- End of season Ambassador party
- Ambassador status recognized on event bibs
- Coupon code to share with your friends and followers
- First dibs to represent Mercury Events at local events and earn further incentives
- Opportunity to host giveaways and exclusive offers